Just landed, WZWeigh V7, released in February 2020. With continual development new features and functionality we hope you’ll enjoy this sample of the highlights.
Our vision for 2020 promises one multipurpose user interface (with multiple configurations) for the weighing, mobile workforce. WZLoad forms the base of our convergence of applications and technology that see’s quarries and loader drivers invoicing thier customers, being transport companies; who have the same capability, entitlement and ease of access to invoice theirs’, while operations managers of either company oversee it all, with the one simple and intuitive user interface.
Our transport and weighbridge solutions see’s data (not chatter) being passed as instruction to loader scale systems in real-time. With instruction comes acceptance hence data is essentially bi-directional between all transport and weighing instrumentation devices. WZWeigh with WZLoad is a turnkey weighing software solution.
eReporting is the WZWeigh term for the automated scheduling of excel reports via email. WZWeigh is built on a Grid Reporting Engine offering users the ability to drag and drop, sort, filter, group, merged group and custom group fields; producing tailored reports quickly and easily which are stored and recalled with the Grid Profile Edit functionality. From within Grid Profile Edit we added the Schedule Button.
1. Select any one of mutiple of your Grid Profile report clicking Schedule.
2. From inside the eReporting Event choose your start date/time selecting the data duration you want to report on i.e. For Last 5 days, For Last 2 weeks, For Last 0 (meaning current) month(s); from your scheduling date stamp.
3. Add email recepient(s), include a subject line and/or email content about the report you’ll be sending and set as true for one or multiple reports, clicking the Recurrence button.
4. Set your recurrence schedule of daily, weekly, monthly or annually with a finish by date, a specific quantity of occurances or to never end and Save.
Congratulations. This simple four step process has now automated sales, production, transport, hauler and more reporting requirements for managament; customers and suppliers. Saving on administration overhead and delivering KPI’s, direct to your inbox.
It’s a Case of Identity..
- With the Forecasting toolset schedule a report every hour, half day or daily on the percentage complete for one or multiple jobs.
- With the Audit Tracking toolset schedule a report on all user transactions edits for the current or previous day.
- With the Loading toolset schedule a report on loader performance metrics.
- With the Resourcing toolset schedule a report on hourly traffic movements for the previous week letting transport companies know the likley peaks; summarising congestion and troughs; offering faster throughput and increased servicability.
Focus on the road while driving..
eReporting is another step in automating the supply chain but its only one of multiple. In an enviromentaly concious and friendly society WZWeigh includes the automated emailing of dockets with a choice of vehicle, hauler and/or customer receipients.
- Saves on consumables.
- Ensures truck drivers are without reason to climb loaders or chat with loader drivers; minimising health and saftey risks.
- Customers and Fleet Managers have an increased ETA because the materials pick-up docket is date and time stamped, reducing back-office follow-up.
Default Price books
Advanced Pricing has has always been standard under WZWeigh. Similar in the way that List Price is the default, sites choosing to offer stepped or discounted pricing for a group of customers has every job created with a Default Price Book automatically assigned.
- WZWeigh manned operations; on new job creation, automatically assigns a customers Default Price Book.
- WZLoad; loader drivers creating jobs have their transactions automatically assigned with a Default Price Book.
- POSWeigh; truck drivers creating jobs have thier transactions automatically assigned with a Default Price Book.
Customers can be grouped by a Default Price Book meaning one price book can be defaulted and maintained for anywhere between 5 and 500 customers. This functionality reduces the search and assignment time of price books during Entry weigh and end of week, month transaction checking and correction.
A Bottom Line….
With larger operations it doesnt take long to reach 1000 price books totaling in excess of 10,000 material lines. Add to this 10,000 jobs, some being contract in nature, with or without price book assignment. It’s this and like senario’s where administrators need 8 hours a day for 30 days a year to complete a single annual review for each of thier 1500 clients.
Built from the Reporting Grid Engine WZWeigh offers the Pricing Report.
- A single and consolidated view of all Customers, Orders and Jobs, Price books and thier special price materials.
- Drag and Drop, filter and sort, selecting fields of Job/Order; Code, Description, Status and Purchase Order.
- Drag and Drop, filter and sort, selecting fields of Price Book; Code, Description, Status, Expiry Date, Create Date, Last Modified Date, Unit Price, Created User and Last Modified User.
Delivers a myriad of benefits from reducing administration overhead to simplifying big data into a single dynamic report.
WZLoad V2.5 offers a raft of enhancements sampled in brief;
- Target Weights – Allows loader drivers to set, record and recall them where these values are then synced back to the WZWeigh multi-master database. An excellent tool for new site setup i.e. Where back-office and/or scale systems have not utilised target weights, loader drivers can easily input yhem (typically only once) during loading.
- Offline Button – Disables WZLoad from continuing to try and reconnect to the WZWeigh database during times of 3G/4G or WiFi intermitence. For Loader Only sites ensures operations continue unimpeded because there is a natural capability to work offline.
- Sync Button – Offers another form of inter-loader processing syncing new Customers, Jobs, Vehicles and Destinations on demand. When loader-tablet A creates a new order for a vehicle this order will not exist in loader-tablet B because each loader-tablet database, is independent. Loader-tablet databases have the WZWeigh multi-master database in common hence the sync function calls all new records existing in WZWeigh to be written to WZLoad. With the above example a job created by loader-tablet A, now exists in loader-tablet B for processing.
- Manual Scales Button – Is another form of reduncy in offering loader drivers an ability to manually record a net weight total (as per the physical scale system) should scale and tablet communication be impeded and/or where the loader driver needs to process a transaction for clean fill.
- Print Button – Offers an ability to reprint the dockets for any vehicle of the current day.
- Bucket Back Button – Is offered to loader driver with security permitting. Design allows for;
- Multiple material production measures concurrently i.e. A loader can load vehicles and collect material, adding to the stockpile(s) from one or multiple crushers during the day. The Bucket Back button creates a pause one (or multiple) transaction load(s) retained as In-Progress, while they work on another.
- A vehicle is entered under WZWeigh, POSWeigh or WZLoad with demand stating one product while the vehcile waits at stockpile; for another. The Bucket Back button allows the loader driver to edit the transaction selecting the product loaded thus ensuring, demand meets supply.
- A vehcile entered under WZLoad with transaction recall see’s this as just two tablet touches. During the load the truck driver communicates an updated order. The Bucket Back button allows the loader driver to edit the transaction before printing the docket and exiting the vehicle.
Economies of Scale Systems…
WrightZone has done alot of work on WZLoad from communications over radio to ensuring it remains user-friendly, simple and intuitive for our loader drivers. Released to market in 2017, 2020 see’s a vision with feedback that we didnt expect.
Loader Drivers want thier performance metrics.
And your business will do better for offering them.
Using loader scales systems in combination with WZLoad delivers three loader driver and scale metrics on-screen, dynamically updated with each loading transaction.
- Load Time – The average time between the first and last bucket for the days’ transactions.
- Target Variance – The average variance between the Target and Loader Scale net weight for the days’ transactions.
- Net Variance – The average variance between the Weighbridge and Loader net weight for the days’ transactions.
Load Time creates banter and comradery between drivers where truck versus truck and trailer configurations are still averaged out (with the detail broken down in WZWeigh’s Loading reports).
The Target Variance works to minimise overloading and therefore excess tip-offs with the key benefit; drivers striving or competing for a near zero variance i.e. 1.0 tonne under the Target Weight; worth another bucket and the variance cost or not?
The Net Variance is a means to provide live calibration of the loader scale system to the weighbridge and almost instantaneously identifies a load cell or calibration issue requiring attention.
For loader drivers its the one machine and environment with procedural habits and skill determining a higher or lower variance; which in-turn flows through to loader maintenance and running costs.
WZLoad is plug and play to all common loader scale systems; offering single touch-to-load. Its familiar, safe and easy, the metrics are fact producing a cause and effect for business efficiency and employee performance increases.